Games are the product of their mechanics and narrative working together. Last week, I recounted the narrative of our game. This week I will detail the mechanics, algorithms, and rules of the prototype for Abby and I’s party, ice breaker game, Odds On.
Behind The Name (source)
Odds On is a tactical and fun party game in which players place bets on the odds of another player engaging in a given task. (Similar to Billionaire Banshee) It features some common gameplay mechanics including:
- Turns- players take turns together at the same time in the form of rounds
- Bidding- which forces players to compete against each other to enhance their position in the game.
- Cards,-which provide game designers and players, with multiple ways to construct each turn and round.
- Capture- which players aim to capture the most amounts of chips in bidding,
- Randomisers- such as power cards and the game…
View original post 271 more words