In class we took our game idea in to the prototyping stage. We spent the time experimenting with materials and mechanics that could turn our concept in to a game we could play. Thanks to Chris I now have a very clear idea of the theme and story for my game, it is a little different to what I had last week but it is a much more wholesome concept.
Working Title: Martian Base Builder
Objective: Build a base station on Mars and be the first to reach a certain number of tokens. You win tokens by surviving various scenarios and completing a range of challenges.
I began to look into what ‘pieces’ I would need to include to allow the game to work through its narrative while also being as fluid as possible. Like in the board game ‘Galaxy Trucker’ there will be a range of ‘parts’ or ‘components’…
View original post 125 more words