Since the last play test of Don’t Let Them See You, I have been thinking about whether my game was too difficult to play, and whether or not I should modify the rules to make it easier. In tutorial, the participants had been quite confused with many of the “micro” rules, such as the characters’ individual attributes. However, the first playtest had went quite well; the participants were extremely enthused about the game, and enjoyed the challenging elements of strategising with their team members. With my third playtest, I decided to bring back the participants from the very first trial, including one new participant, and ask them questions about the difficulty level of my game.
The third play test.
This time, I decided to remain silent throughout the test and simply observe the participants. The players read the adjusted rules, and clarified some of the “micro” rules for the…
View original post 352 more words