BCM300 – Blog Post 8

StrolinAlong

In order to start playtesting, I began the week focusing on getting a physical prototype of the parts made up. These were just cut-out pieces of paper with printed outlines on them to represent the different ‘sectors’ of the base, the scenario cards, and the player and central boards.

I started by playing out the beginning scenario. I used the same opening as Galaxy Trucker for the start of Surviving Mars. Players each have to take a piece at a time from the middle pile. All the tiles are upside-down, so no one knows what they are picking up, and the player can either choose to place it on their board or put it back in the pile. This worked well, it threw a little bit of luck in there but also added a competitive opening to the game, teeing up future rivalries.

During the first playtest I noted that…

View original post 189 more words

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s